Saturday, July 17, 2010

Can you have sex while pregnant?

My husband wants to have sex everyday. We end up doing it about 4-6 times a week. Now im pregnant and he says he still wants to have sex as often as we have been having it. Is this safe?
I found out recently that I pregnant as well. The answer is yes, you can still have sex. I am unsure whether there is evidence or studies that have been done, but I think (and have two step-children to prove this) that having sex while pregnant can actually help the child, especially during the first trimester when their brain is forming.

Example: I have two step-children, a 10 year old daughter and an 8 year old son. My daughter is brilliant and understands things a lot better than my son. Now, my son is no idiot, he is smart as well, but he does not understand things to the point that my daughter did when she was 8, or even a little younger. The difference and the point? During the pregnancy of my step-daughter, they were newly married and happy and had sex a lot. During the pregnancy of my step-son, they were not as happy and ended up splitting about 6 months after he was born, resulting in a lot less sex. You can be the judge, but I think it is perfectly safe to have sex unless your doctor specifically tells you to stop.
yup
Unless your doctor has told you it is unsafe. It is usually fine, but in some cases it can bring on premature labor. BUT, that is only if your doctor has told you so! You will be more uncomfortable as your belly grows. You will have to become more inventive!
Wow that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy & Parenting