Thursday, July 8, 2010

Went to stop breast feeding last night, and now I am am full and sore, what should I do?

My son just turned 15 months and I thought my milk was basically down to nothing. I decided to stop when he hit 15 months as he usually wants to drink at night and then is done within 5 mins, maybe 3! I of course cried last night as I just put him down with a passy (he only has one when I put him down) and then tucked him into bed. Well, today my breast is really full of milk! Not really engorged, but full enough I am worried about how I will get through another day of not feeding him. Should I feed him a little when I get home tonight, or will this prolong the stopping? I was only down to the last night feeding, so have been doing it slowly since he was a year... any advice would be great - thanks! BTW What you did to stop would be great too - thanks!
Your body has to learn that it no longer needs to produce milk, so more than likely you will get very engorged and it may last up to three days. During this time, try to lessen your caffeine intake as it stimulates milk production and keep your breasts wrapped. Feeding or encouraging let down will only prolong the process. Good luck!
If you feed him even a little you will produce more milk -



If you really want to stop place cold cabbage leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy & Parenting