Thursday, July 8, 2010

Can you take your toddler to the mall without it becoming a nightmare?

Today, I decided it would be nice for my 21mo son and I to go to the mall. The shop I wanted to go to was easy to access (or so I thought) so I figured we could go without the stroller and he could just run around in the mall outside the stores.

In the end, I had got the location of the store wrong and it was further than I thought and up a few escalators etc. As we entered the mall, my son was a perfect angel, happy to be carried and holding hands nicely on the escalator. It was all fine for the first 5 or 10 minutes, but then it went to hell very fast!

He refused to be carried or have his hand held. He screamed and shrieked if I tried to restrain him, ran like a wild man through the department store. If I tried to hold his hand he

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy & Parenting