Friday, March 13, 2009

What do you do to relieve stress?

Stay at home parents.. what do you do to relive the angry or stress? I am a single stay at home momma who is very thankful for my sons nap times!!!



Well depends on how old your child is. As an infant thank god for the swing and bouncy seat or i would have never gotten anything done! As for toddlers, mine pretty much occupied themselves alot during the day through playing with their toys...i would go outside for a certin amount of time each day with them etc. I lived for a set bed time. I never did schedules during the day cause it never worked but i did have a time for bed and this way i have some time to myself to get what i need done or to take a nice relaxing bath or to simply watch my shows on tv.




When, and ONLY when my husband comes home - I have a nice big glass of wine. He takes our daughter and feeds her and mommy gets to relax with her wine and then a nice hot shower.





Also, during the day I go for walks. I take her with me of course (in her stroller) but walking really does alleviate stress. I hope this helps.




Wow, how are you so blessed? You're single but you still get to stay home with your son!? You're really lucky! Do you have family supporting you or something? I always clean when I'm upset or stressed, there's nothing more invigorating then taking my anger out on my dirty floors. :)




I read, clean, and when my daughter screamed a lot with colic I would put on my ipod and have her in my arms to rock her.





Baths are nice too!




Percoset and a good movie.





And if I'm lucky I can do that on a night when a family member offers to babysit for the night :D




I come on here. It helps a lot somedays. Other than that, I work out when I'm stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy & Parenting