Friday, March 13, 2009

Why did my counselor treat this other girl be4 she treated me.?

When I was 13 i had reached a point in my life to where I was trying to commit suicide and I almost did.But when I went through counseling and met a girl who was 16 and pregnant and each time both of us got emotional with our problems she was always the first one ppl confided me they just told me how dumb I was for trying to kill myself. But no one told her what she did was stupid so that basically told me "We dont care bout youre problems" but let me ask you this why would she get more care than me when she brought life to this planet I was going to take my own?


I went on to overcome the depression three months after I took counseling and have been rided of suicidal thoughts for 5 years


I also have aspergers syndrome.



1.- Be a gentleman ladies should go first.





2.- She was Pregnant so she was carring a human being in her belly, preventing her from doing something stupid like abortion would be a priority.





3.- it wasn't correct for anyone to make you feel like you were less important.




Maybe this is just me, But I think that suicide is much more important than her being pregnant. I'm not saying that you're any better than she is, nor that you're any less. But you have just as much right to help as she does. Plus, depression is something you can't help. She knew what she was doing, unless she was raped, that's a different story. I am very glad to hear that you are doing better now. I am currently trying to help my boyfriend through his depression, while battling my own.




Probably because to society, things like girls being pregnant are more important, because it makes society "look bad". It's bullshit, I think your situation should be more important, you have a social syndrome that you have no control over, causing you depression and suicidal thoughts...and they pay more attention to this girl that got pregnant on her own accords, and had a choice.





Anyway, it's great that you pretty much overcame your depression through self reliance. That's a big accomplishment. F*ck that counselor.




I don't know that I have an definitive answer to your question. Counselors are people, too, and sometimes they are affected by their own emotions. I don't think it was a prejudice against you personally, but perhaps your counselor felt she could deal with this other person more quickly. It sounds like you were in group therapy? Very often, the counselor goes along with where the feelings of the group lead. Its why I personally do not like group counseling.





I'm sorry you felt no one cared about you. Human beings tend to take the path of least resistance and maybe her problem was easier than yours. Its not that they didn't care about you. I'm glad you received the more individual counseling you needed and you're here to ask this question.




Teen pregnancy is probably much more accepted than teen suicide. Any cry for help, any mention of suicide, and any suicide attempt should be taken seriously. Some people don't see it, don't know how to help, or don't want to help. I'm glad you're doing better now :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy & Parenting